Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Working on it in Cold February

Today we worked on keeping the knees straight and not turning the lower body at the start of the back-swing. The shoulders will cause the hips to move, but the lower body should stay stable.  It was working great with the short irons, but as I moved to the 7&6 irons I started to loose it.
I have a bad habit (one of many) of dipping my head down as I take the club back.  It's caused by moving my lower body and not taking the club back with my left shoulder.  I worked on keeping my chin level.  That helps me make good contact with the ball. 
Joe explained the angle of the club at impact and how my wrists should be in relation to the ball at impact.  The wrists will naturally roll through the swing but the key is to not have them roll too soon.  It's like hitting a baseball in the strike zone. If you have already flipped your wrists when you make contact with the ball - it ain't going out of the infield. That's not good in golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment